Mackerel Sisig for Mother's Day? Why not? That's what we served at our home last Sunday for lunch and everyone especially my mom, my brother, my husband, my sisters just loved it. The sisig was gone in just one sitting and they kept asking for more.
Aside from its delicious taste, using mackerel for sisig is good for the heart, too, because mackerel is a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids. Plus, it doesn't give you that heavy feeling in the tummy so you would feel less guilty after eating it. It's the perfect alternative for pork, which we would often use for sisig. It's also a great dish for the barkada, don't you think? I guess it's true what they say that hindi basta nakasanayan, the best na 'yan.
|Uni-Pak Mackerel in Natural Oil|
We don't just consume any mackerel brand in the market. We choose the Uni-Pak brand because their products are guaranteed fresh from "catch to can" and they contain only the finest ingredients. Uni-Pak is the flagship brand of SLORD Development Corporation that specializes in toll-packing quality canned goods for more than 30 years. So remember, basta Mackerel, dapat tatak Uni-Pak!
- 1 can of 425g Uni-Pak Mackerel in Natural Oil, drained and flaked
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium-sized onion, minced
- 1 pc. red chili (siling labuyo), minced
- Oil or 1/8 stick of butter for frying
- 2 pcs. calamansi
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- In a cooking pan, heat oil or butter
- Saute garlic, and onion.
- Put in Uni-Pak Mackerel flakes and red chili. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer it to serving plate
- Put calamansi, mayonnaise and soy sauce. Mix well.
And here's the giveaway! Uni-Pak is very generous to give a Uni-Pak gift pack to one of my lucky readers! Simply enter the contest through the Rafflecopter below and follow the instructions to gain points. Giveaway is open to Philippines residents only and will run until May 29, 2017.