Believe it or not, I haven't left my house since March 2020 due to the threat of COVID-19. There are plenty of people living in our house; two of them are my kids and one is my mom who is a senior citizen so I chose to stay indoors no matter what it takes.
Most people ask online where can they buy their groceries without going out so here I am sharing where I buy mine. I am a resident of Paranaque City so my list is entirely based on my location. Please take note that this is NOT a sponsored post and I'm simply sharing where I buy my essentials. So here's my list:
1. Waltermart Sucat (https://www.waltermartdelivery.com.ph/).
- For a delivery price of P99 only with supermarket prices, this is my number one choice for doing my online groceries. Sometimes they'd offer promo codes and delivery is free.
- Payment methods are flexible. They accept COD, Credit Cards, and even Gcash!
- They require a minimum of Php 2,000 worth of groceries before they can deliver .
- Offers next-day delivery or sometimes it takes 2-3 days before they can do their delivery.
- Sometimes they will just deliver the items without informing me that the item I bought was out-of-stock.
- I would often ask for a refund for the extra money I paid in advance for the groceries ranging from Php200 - Php400. Refund takes 2-4 weeks so I suggest you choose COD (Cash on Delivery) so you can just pay the exact amount charged.
2. Metromart (https://www.metromart.com)
- You can choose from their supermarket merchants namely Robinsons Supermarket, Shopwise Supermarket, and S N'R Shopping.
- They have more options of grocery items and they offer more promos
- Offers same-day delivery
- Never failed to call me when there's an unavailable item.
- They require a minimum of Php 1,000 worth of groceries before they can deliver.
- Shopping fee + Delivery fee costs P380
3. Lazmart (mobile app within Lazada)
I usually buy Dutch mill, softdrinks, canned goods, and bath essentials here.
- No minimum fee required
- Stocks are always updated in their app. One time, one item I ordered was unavailable, but they called me up saying it wasn't available so they simply deducted it from my payment. Refund was almost instant since I used Lazada wallet as my payment method.
- Grocery items are always properly packed when delivered.
- Shipping fee : P250
- Takes 2-3 days delivery time
4. Shopee (https://www.shopee.ph)
In Shopee, I mostly buy from official stores such as Virginia, San Miguel Foods, and Unilever because they offer the cheapest price with the help of Shopee discount vouchers. I mostly buy canned goods, bath essentials, and other home items in Shopee.
- Offers standard retail prices (or sometimes cheaper) on grocery items from Shopee Mall
- Offers plenty of discount vouchers
- No guaranteed delivery time. Sometimes they deliver fast, sometimes it takes days depending on the merchant and/or courier.
5. Grab Mart (mobile app)
- Same-day delivery
- Offers promo codes including free delivery for a minimum of a certain amount (e.g. Php 500, Php 800, etc.)
- Offers very minimal selection of grocery items
6. Shop Central (https://shopcentral.com.ph/)
They sell school supplies and rice. I sometimes buy rice here and sometimes they offer free (and fast) delivery.
That's all the list I can give for now. If you're always in Facebook, I suggest you search for buy and sell community groups that are within your area. In my case, I am a member of a buy and sell group in BF Homes where people there are selling eggs, fresh meat, fresh fish, bread, and more and sellers would often offer free deliveries for those living within their subdivision.
REMINDER: Always sanitize your grocery items just to be sure.