The annual George Washington Charity Ball is an anticipated flagship social event of the American Association of the Philippines. It is not just a social event but a venue where AAP recognizes the accomplishments of its members and other community leaders as well. It also serves as a platform to setup fundraisers for its charitable causes, philanthropic activities and community outreach programs.On the recently held Charity Ball for this year, AAP gave recognition and honor to individuals and organizations that excel in their chosen fields and at the same time “matters” in terms of their social responsibility.
The list of awards and corresponding recipients are as follows:
• Outstanding Academic Scholarship in History: Ambeth Ocampo, Journalist/Scholar Professor, Ateneo De Manila University
• Outstanding Academic Scholarship in Government and Economic Affairs: Ronald U. Mendoza, Dean, Ateneo De Manila University
• Outstanding Real Estate Entrepreneur Posthumous Award: Dr. Danny Vasquez
• Outstanding Luxury Lifestyle Magazine Trailblazer: Tatler Philippines: Irene Martel Francisco, President
• Outstanding Pandemic Public Health Service Award: Frontrow Cares
• Philanthropist of the Year: Mr. Sam Verzosa, Frontrow CEO
• Philanthropist of the Year: Mr. Raymond “RS” Francisco, Frontrow President
• Young CEO Entrepreneur of the Year: Mr. Avin Ong, Chairman and CEO, Fredley Group of Companies
• Tourism Philanthropist of the Year: Mr. Lawrence Li Tan, CEO & President, The Millenial Concept Factory Inc
• Greatest Boxer of All Time: Senator Manny Pacquiao
• Outstanding International Hospitality Entrepreneur: Mr. Randy Salamat, Mayor, Alfonso, Cavite
• Outstanding Athlete, Entrepreneur & Public Servant: Congressman Michael “Mikee” Romero
• Outstanding Consumer Packaged Goods Manufacturing Services: Asia Prime Philippines Corp.: Ms. Lerma Manzano Bernabe, President
The American Association of the Philippines (AAP) was established in 1949 with the main purpose well-defined in its mission statement’s preamble: “Founded on the concept of community interest, welfare, and responsibility. It is non-commercial. It is non-political. Its purpose is the general welfare of United States citizens.”
AAP is composed of Americans, Filipino Americans, Filipinos and other nationalities and celebrates the partnership of its members--the American community, the US Embassy, and the American corporations. With the support of its different partnerships and members, AAP have helped a lot of people through various social welfare projects in so many different forms of assistance.
To know more about AAP, visit https://www.facebook.com/AAPevents/.